Information for Summer Work and Travel USA program participants
In regards with the recently announced by President Trump restrictions to limit the travel from Europe’s Shengen zone, that comes as an attempt to stop the spreading of COVID19, and with the message from the Bureau of Educational and Clutural affairs by the Department of State (ECA), which encourages the sponsoring organisations to suspend arrivals of any exchange visitors to the USA for 60 days, we would like to provide you with the following information:
- Summer Work and Travel 2020 program is not suspended.
- The ECA is encouraging the sponsoring organisations, including CIEE, to restrict arrivals of J1 participants for the next 60 days, but they are not enforced to do so. This applies to a wide range of over 20 J1 exchange programs, regulated by the ECA and Department of State.
- We have a firm commitment from our partnering organisations that they will continue their business as usual in regards with proceeding Work and Travel applications, running job interviews and issuing DS 2019 forms.
- The already issued DS 2019 forms (work permits) with start dates before May 11th will be reissued with later start dates – i.e. for the end of May. We are still waiting for a confirmation on how the process of reprinting the already issued DS2019 forms will be managed.
- As of March 16, 2020, the United States Embassy in Sofia, Bulgaria is cancelling routine visa appointments, including J1 visa . They will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. However, it is confirmed that those who were already scheduled will be prioritized once everything goes to normal. We will work with you then to process those with the cancelled appointments first.
- Please rest assured, that ours and all our partners’ (sponsoring organizations, air carriers and US Embassy) priority is to do our best to get your documents ready in a timely manner, so you arrive in the US as planned and have a great experience on you Summer Work and Travel.
In accordance with the announced national emergency in Bulgaria we would like to inform you that we will be applying the following security measures and restrictions:
- Our offices will be opened for walk-in customers between 10:30 am and 5:00 pm;
- We will limit the number of the customers that will be allowed to be in the office space at the same time to maximum of 1 person at a time;
- Please consider the minimum distance of 1.5 meter between you and our consultants or other customers;
- Upon entering our office, please use hand sanitizers. We have such at the enrance at your disposal;
- Please, wear a protective mask on your face, covering your nose and mouth, when in our offices;
- If you feel ill, or have traveled abroad in the last 14 days, please do not visit our office, and get in touch with us via phone or mail.
We are monitoring this situation closely while moving forward with plans for a successful summer program. We will be guided by the most recent information available and aim to react and make decisions based on the best interest of our Work and Travel participants.
Thank you for being our customers!